Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Beginning of an Adventure

As some of you may know, I recently gained new employment at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). I am the new Campaign Coordinator for LLS's signature fundraising campaign, Team In Training (TNT).

To quickly explain, TNT recruits people from couch potatoes to experienced athletes to run or walk marathons, cycle 100 mile bike rides, or complete a triathlon. In exchange for months of training, travel costs, and hotel stays, participants raise money for LLS, ultimately funding blood cancer research and patient aid.

After attending my first TNT marathon weekend as a staffer (Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend at the beginning of January), I knew I had to experience it from the other side. Therefore, I've decided to train and raise money for the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon on June 26, 2010!

I know it may sound crazy, but I promise you it's not! This marathon will prove to be a life changing event in my life, and I would love for you to be a part of my journey to the finish line!

To successfully complete this event, I must raise $4,000 by the beginning of June. If you would like to donate to my cause, please visit my TNT fundraising website:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ks/rnrseatl10/sflemintcw

1 comment:

  1. Go Susan! Looking forward to training with, traveling with, and experiencing Seattle (and a marathon!) with you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program! I'm raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and training to run the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon. Donate to my efforts at http://pages.teamintraining.org/ks/rnrseatl10/sflemintcw